YAYYYYYYY WDC! We are so excited, but first...
A FEW CHANGES FOR 2020:
1. LIFE. Yie, things are weird. We SINCERELY hope you are safe and sane amongst this madness. We hope these photos will make you smile and remember the sweet stillness during this chaotic time! YOU (you, moms/dads/grandmas/grandpas/etc.) kept these humans alive and moving during a PANDEMIC (nuts!?). You deserve a trophy and a thank you... so THANK YOU!
2. rP POSING STANDARDS. Beyond just a crisp, clean, well-lit shot, all relevéPHOTO photogs are taught four BASE GOALS to 'record' into an individual session's set of photos: PERSONALITY, TECHNIQUE, MOVEMENT (yes, movement... in a still photograph... think a flowing skirt, an amazing jump, or the feel of a beautiful beginning turn on those cute 'tippy toes'), and VISUAL REPRESENTATION OF ONE'S YEAR IN DANCE! We have long had a very hands-on approach to achieve these BASE GOALS. That will change this year, but our goals will not. The final product may look a little different as those first-position feet may stray a bit or that arabesque may be harder to hold without an assistant's help but, what may lack in perfect TECHNIQUE, we will certainly try to make up for in the other areas!
3. PATIENCE. We are right alongside you trying to navigate the new roles/schedules/technology we are juggling. We ask for your increased patience as our OVERLY-PLANNED spring became a JUMP-IN-AND-PRAY June. There may be processing, editing, responding, etc. delays we just can't anticipate as we cram our three-month, thirteen studio schedule into JUNE! Thank you in advance for your patience.
4. SAFETY & GUIDELINES. We continue to adjust to any new guidelines set by the state and wouldn't move forward without being able to keep our staff and your dancers safe and well! See the '2020 SAFETY GUIDELINES' below for ways you will help us and WDC stay clean and healthy!
2020 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
DANCER PLUS ONE: Only dancer and ONE chaperone/guardian is allowed in the studio during each SESSION.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1: Dancer should check in at front up to five minutes before scheduled appointment (stay in car if earlier than that).
PERSONAL SPACE: We ask dancer and chaperone to follow social distancing rules when possible. If only shooting in one costume please come FULLY ready to reduce studio time. If your dancer will be changing, our relevéHOST who checks you in will show you to a dressing area if needed.
PRIVATE PARTY: Like usual no parents will be allowed in the photo room. Parents should wait in car if possible to reduce downtime.
COMP POSE PRACTICE: Like usual, we ask COMP/advanced dancers have some idea of the poses they want to try. It's more important this year as we try and limit interaction/talking time and have even less time per dancer! Younger COMP dancers should have an idea of their beginning/end pose and the 'style' of their dance (aka... sassy, serious, soft) so we can pose quicker. If they have a trick/special skill you'd like shot, please let them know and we'll make it happen! Older COMP dancers should know cool/their favorite parts of their dance/solo and any other fun things they want to try (we suggest screenshotting awesome web examples. Some good IG accounts we love: @jamesjinimages / @rachelnevillephoto / @nycdanceproject ) Trust us, you'll love your pictures TEN TIMES MORE if you have a good 'jumping-off' point in terms of poses... and you'll get in and out quicker!
MASK FUN: We (photog and relevéHOST) will be wearing a mask if within six feet and will avoid skin contact but may help toes/costumes (no direct skin contact) get in perfect position as long as the dancer is ok with it. See above #3 about posing standards.
YOU'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE BUT: If your dancer or anyone in his/her family is not feeling well, has or recently had a fever, cough or any unusual symptoms, please stay home! Shoot us an email so we know not to worry/hound you lovingly as to your whereabouts!
UPDATE: WE BOOKED QUICKLY FOR WED and THU... SO WE GET TO STAY ONE DAY LONGER. YIPPPPEEEE.
BOOKING FOR FRIDAY, June 19 will open WED, June 10 @ 10:30 AM!
LET'S GET TO BOOKING:
First, choose the 'service' by selecting the amount of costumes you will shoot in! The dollar amount shown is the cancellation fee, you will NOT be charged this unless you fail to show without proper notification.
Next, choose either Wednesday (Jun17) or Thursday (Jun18) and SCROLL DOWN to see the available appointments on that day!
Enter information and please be sure to enter the dancer's name in the 'First Name' or 'Appointment Notes'.
SCROLL DOWN and make sure to select 'BOOK APPOINTMENT'. You should receive a confirmation almost immediately to confirm you appointment is booked!
Other SESSIONS FAQs:
(Go HERE for General FAQ's)
1. I want to shoot in more than three costumes. Can I do this?
Any other year, YES... but since we are only shooting two total days at WDC this year we would like to make sure those that want to get at least one costume in, are able to! Email us if you are interested in shooting in more than three costumes and we will email you the day before if there is an opening. Also, feel free to put all costumes in the car and we will advise at appointment time if time allows for an extra.
2. What do you mean 'have pose ideas ready'?
Since we don't know everyone's skill level or exact dances, (and this year to limit talking interaction length) we want COMP/advanced dancers to have a few favorite parts of his/her dance or skill sets ready to showcase. We can then tweak and go from there having a better idea of his/her talents. It does NOT mean 'I want one standing and one sitting' it's more particular to his/her dance/dances. This is not as important for our tiny dancers (under 6ish). For some great ideas, check out our Pinterest page or see the IG pages listed above.
3. Can I see a pricelist?
Of course, here is a link to the 2020 Pricelist!
4. What's the process on the day-of shooting?
Come just a few minutes before your scheduled appointment, primed and primped, ready to shoot. Check in at the front and someone will take you to your dressing room spot. Parents are not allowed in the shoot room. Young dancers: We get right to shooting! COMP/advanced dancers: We will VERY quickly go over any pose ideas the dancer may have as well as the style of their dance and then get to shooting! If changing costumes, we will alternate shooting with other dancers while you change.
8. What's the process after we shoot?
Photos will be online ONE - TWO WEEKS after we shoot. You will get an email with link and password when all galleries are ready! You can view and order photos from the comfort of your home. Be sure to order by MON, Jul13 before prices go up, packages/digital files are no longer offered, and coupon codes expire!
Got all the details? BOOK ABOVE or LINK TO YOUR GALLERIES!