YAYYYYYYY we are so excited to be back at EPAC, but first...
A FEW CHANGES FOR 2020:
1. LIFE. Yie, things are weird. We SINCERELY hope you are safe and sane amongst this madness. We hope these photos will make you smile and remember the sweet stillness during this chaotic time! YOU (you, moms/dads/grandmas/grandpas/etc.) kept these humans alive and moving during a PANDEMIC (nuts!?). You deserve a trophy and a thank you... so THANK YOU!
2. $20 INSTEAD OF $39+. This year we have lowered our initial deposit by $19 dollars due to economic uncertainty, technology limitations, and mostly just because we are excited to get back to what we love and hope you can 'participate'! Additionally, those who might be worried about their CURRENT financial situation but have a strong relevéPHOTO order history could qualify to shoot WITHOUT a deposit... just contact us at least 48 hours before your shoot to see if you qualify!
3. rP POSING STANDARDS. Beyond just a crisp, clean, well-lit shot, all relevéPHOTO photogs are taught four BASE GOALS to 'record' into an individual session's set of photos: PERSONALITY, TECHNIQUE, MOVEMENT (yes, movement... in a still photograph... think a flowing skirt, an amazing jump, or the feel of a beautiful beginning turn on those cute 'tippy toes'), and VISUAL REPRESENTATION OF ONE'S YEAR IN DANCE! We have long had a very hands-on approach to achieve these BASE GOALS. That will change this year, but our goals will not. The final product may look a little different as those first-position feet may stray a bit or that arabesque may be harder to hold without an assistant's help but, what may lack in perfect TECHNIQUE, we will certainly try to make up for in the other areas!
4. PATIENCE. We are right alongside you trying to navigate the new roles/schedules/technology we are juggling. We ask for your increased patience as our OVERLY-PLANNED spring became a JUMP-IN-AND-PRAY June. There may be processing, editing, responding, etc. delays we just can't anticipate as we cram our three-month, thirteen studio schedule into JUNE! Thank you in advance for your patience.
5. SAFETY & GUIDELINES. We want to keep you, your dancers and EPAC safe and healthy! Please read the '2020 SAFETY GUIDELINES' below for ways you will help us and EPAC stay clean and kickin'!
2020 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
DANCER PLUS ONE: Only dancer and ONE chaperone/guardian is allowed in the studio during each SESSION.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1: Dancer should check in at front up to five minutes before scheduled appointment (stay in car if earlier than that).
PERSONAL SPACE: After check-in you will head in to shoot so please come fully ready! We ask dancer and chaperone to follow social distancing rules when possible. Due to COVID studio capacity guidelines, there MAY NOT be access to a dressing area and/or bathroom.
PRIVATE PARTY: Like usual, no parents will be allowed in the photo room. Parents should wait in car if possible to reduce downtime/numbers in a given area.
COMP POSE PRACTICE: Like usual, we ask COMP/advanced dancers have some idea of the poses they want to try. It's more important this year as we try and limit interaction/talking time and have even less time per dancer! Younger COMP dancers should have an idea of their beginning/end pose and the 'style', not genre, of their dance (aka... sassy, serious, soft) so we can pose quicker. If they have a trick/special skill you'd like shot, please let them know and we'll make it happen! Older COMP dancers should know cool/their favorite parts of their dance/solo and any other fun things they want to try (we suggest screenshotting awesome web examples. Some good IG accounts we love: @jamesjinimages / @rachelnevillephoto / @nycdanceproject ) Trust us, you'll love your pictures TEN TIMES MORE if you have a good 'jumping-off' point in terms of poses... and you'll get in and out quicker
MASK FUN: We (photog and assistant, if there) will be wearing a mask if within six feet and will avoid skin contact but may help toes/costumes (no direct skin contact) get in perfect position as long as the dancer is ok with it. See above #3 about posing standards.
YOU'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE BUT: If your dancer or anyone in his/her family is not feeling well, has or recently had a fever, cough or any unusual symptoms, please stay home! Shoot us an email so we know not to worry/hound you lovingly as to your whereabouts and refund your deposit!
SPACED-OUT COMP GROUP SHOTS on MON, jun22:
6:15 Twinklers JAZZ
6:40 Orions JAZZ
7:05 Cosmos JAZZ
7:25 Galaxy TAP
7:45 Astro/Nova JAZZ
8:15 Beginning HIP HOP
8:30 Int/Adv HIP HOP (two subsets / composited together)
'2020 SAFETY GUIDELINES' above apply. Parents should wait in car when possible, if not, only one 'chaperone' in the studio per dancer. Please come FULLY ready and no earlier than five minutes. These shots will NOT be the full six feet apart but they will definitely be more spaced out, without any touching. They likely won't be as artsy/creative, in an effort to get dancers in and out reducing the amount of time together in one room!
If you are shooting in other costumes earlier in the day (via a booked SESSION) you can shoot a quick individual in the group shot costume as well, immediately following the group shot!
LET'S GET TO BOOKING:
First, choose the 'service' by selecting the amount of sets/costumes you will shoot in! Click on 'More Info' for all the details and descriptions of what a 'set' is... REMINDER: This is just a DEPOSIT and the money goes TOWARD your final purchase!
Next, SCROLL DOWN to see the available appointments on MON, June22!
Enter information and please be sure to enter the dancer's name in the 'First Name' or 'Appointment Notes'.
SCROLL DOWN and make sure to select 'BOOK APPOINTMENT'. You should receive an order confirmation almost immediately to confirm you appointment is booked!
Other SESSIONS FAQs:
(Go HERE for General FAQ's)
1. I want to shoot in more than three costumes. Can I do this?
We first want to make sure everyone who wants to shoot is able to grab a spot therefore please WAIT until THU, Jun18 if you'd like to book more than one appointment (for more than three costumes). At that time, you can book multiple appointments for more than three.
2. What do you mean 'have pose ideas ready'?
Since we don't know everyone's skill level or exact dances, (and this year to limit talking interaction length) we want dancers to have a few favorite parts of his/her dance or skill sets ready to showcase. We can then tweak and go from there, having a better idea of his/her talents. It does NOT mean 'I want one standing and one sitting' it's more particular to his/her dance/dances. This is not as important for our tiny dancers (under 6ish) and/or Rec dancers. For some great ideas, check out our Pinterest page or see the IG pages listed above. We will handle all REC dancers posing, but any dancer wanting to try a fancy trick should let our photographer know!
3. What if I don't like any of my photos?
We hope you do (and 99% do) but totally understand this question when making a deposit! We offer a FULL refund if you do not find anything you like. We will take down his or her photos and refund your dollars. We do not offer PARTIAL refunds. You must email us BEFORE your Gallery Finale to take advantage of this refund.
4. What can we use our deposit money on?
This deposit is just like a gift certificate/card! The money paid for the deposit can be used toward ANYTHING on the site, not just the particular individual photos one is paying toward. You may use it to buy group shots and shots from any other gallery (including other dancers in the family). They can be used toward ANYTHING on our site (prints, products, & digital files). The only thing it CANNOT be used on is FUTURE deposits.
5. How do I apply the money to my total?
Once your photos are ready online, you will receive an email with a 'gift certificate code' when photos are ready; Subject line: 'relevePHOTO Deposit Information'. Add anything and everything to your cart. When checking out, choose 'Gift Certificate' under the Payment Method. Enter your code in that box. It will then ask you for another payment method to take care of the rest of your cart total.
6. Can I see a pricelist?
Of course, here is a link to the 2020 Pricelist!
7. What's the process on the day-of shooting?
Come just a few minutes before your scheduled appointment, primed and primped, ready to shoot. Check in at the front and someone will take you to the photo room. Parents are not allowed in the shoot room. We will quickly go over any pose ideas the dancer may have as well as the style of their dance and then get to shooting! If changing costumes, we will alternate shooting with other dancers while you change.
8. What's the process after we shoot?
Photos will be online ONE - TWO WEEKS after we shoot. If you make a deposit, you will get an email with your gift cert code when they are ready. The studio will also send out notification when galleries are ready! You can view and order photos from the comfort of your home. Be sure to order by MON, Jul27 before prices go up, packages/digital files are no longer offered, and coupon codes expire!
Got all the details? BOOK ABOVE or LINK TO YOUR GALLERIES!